Monday, March 02, 2009

after a hiatus of sorts...

Hello. Ms. Haverstock is back. I have been reading a lot, but most of the record of that is on Goodreads. That being said, I wanted to share my latest review here. I read Red: Teenage Girls Write on What Fires Them Up Today. It could be something that one of you HNHS students would like or would identify with... check it out (gosh, I love this library pun).

Red: Teenage Girls Write On What Fires Up Their Lives Today Red: Teenage Girls Write On What Fires Up Their Lives Today by Amy Goldwasser


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
This collection was not as mind-blowing as I would have liked it to be. Given that, there were a few really great pieces of writing, some great stories and a lot of sweet (and sad) self-expression. How rad would it be to be 15 and a published author?! Teenagers are thoughtful (duh!). I would have liked to see more diversity of voices especially in light of the author's mention of diversity in the introduction. Overall, it was fine.


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

Sadako said...

Seems like a cool idea. I agree, if I'd have been that age and published, I'd be so stoked--too bad it wasn't any better.

Tara said...

Hi Ms. Haverstock! (Tara here, I figured I'd add the library blog to my watch list when we made blogger accounts in computers class...)

Sounds like an interesting book, though it would certainly be a letdown to not see the diversity that was suggested in the intro.

I think I will be checking out some books again soon particularly because I had my IRB test today, so see you Monday I suppose! :)